Services from across The Calico Group highlighted the important and lifesaving services they deliver at a recent showcasing event.
The ‘Making a Difference’ presentations were delivered by companies from across the Group to show how their work meets the organisation’s new vision statement:
“Whoever you are and wherever you are at, we want to help you enjoy a better future. As a Group, we are strong and diverse. It is the passion, integrity and purpose of our people that makes things happen.”
The showcasing event also demonstrated how each team delivers its services in line with The Calico Group’s business and growth strategy.
Services who delivered presentations included:
- SafeNet’s Jane’s Place, the first Recovery Refuge of its kind in the North which offers safe and temporary accommodation for women and children at risk of domestic abuse, and who have additional complex needs
- Gateway, a new, state-of-the-art wellbeing project in Burnley, which has been specifically designed for services that will improve people’s health and wellbeing
- Calico Homes’ Neighbourhood Management team, who provide extensive support to all tenants across all neighbourhoods, and help to reduce anti-social behaviour
- WRK.XP, an innovative programme that provides specialist, paid work experience to young people across Lancashire
- Acorn Recovery Projects, which provides abstinence-based drug and alcohol treatments.
All showcases were delivered in front of a panel of staff from across The Calico Group, and covered a range of specific categories.
The panel will choose the best showcase for each category, and these will be revealed at The Calico Group’s annual staff conference.
Anthony Duerden, Chief Executive of The Calico Group, said:
“The ‘Making a Difference’ showcases are a fantastic opportunity to highlight the sheer breadth of services we deliver across the North West, and the incredible support they provide.
“It’s heartening to see all parts of the Group living up to our vision, and being fully on board with The Calico Group’s future direction of travel.”
For more information about The Calico Group, visit calico.org.uk